Monday

Thankful

This will be my only post this week as I will be spending time with family and friends for the holiday.









I'm thankful that my novel has made it through editorial committee at a major publisher, which means it will be published if it can make it through the final approval process with the sales and marketing folks. (The odds are still at best fifty-fifty, but it's nice to be this close!)

I'm thankful for my family.

I'm thankful for the prayers of my friends, which have made a noticeable difference in my life for the past couple of weeks.

I'm thankful for my church, with all its complexities and frustrating aspects. I still love the people there.

I'm thankful for new friends and the good times we've had recently.

I'm thankful for anyone who has ever belonged to our small group. We miss those of you who have relocated!

I'm thankful for our babysitting co-op.

I'm thankful for my health.

I'm thankful for the hard times in my life when I've learned important lessons.

I'm thankful for the good times too! :-)

I'm thankful for books, and for great stories.

I'm thankful for those who serve us in the military, especially my friends the Andersons.

I'm thankful for my dog, Snow.

I'm thankful for the constant sunlight in New Mexico.

I'm thankful for all those who will go out this holiday season and spread good will and random acts of kindness. I'm sure this includes you, my friends.